Real political leadership needed for health, not just deal-making: CMA
While most provinces and territories have cut health financing side deals with the federal government, the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) continues to push for a national and strategic approach to improving our health care system.
The CMA has a clear platform,
"Improving the health of all Canadians: A vision for the future", with concrete and actionable recommendations including:
- More funding for provinces and territories to meet seniors care needs
- Coverage for high-cost medication to provide relief for Canadians facing expensive drug bills
- More financial support for family caregivers by making tax credits refundable
- A coordinated home care plan so that healthy seniors can continue to live in their homes and get the support they need
- Key infrastructure investments to improve and provide more long-term care for Canadians who need it
- A national strategy for palliative and end-of-life care
Canada needs a National Seniors Strategy.