Online PMI physician leadership courses
Leadership begins with self-awareness – facilitated
(This course is for practising physicians who are CMA members)
Are you a resident or medical student? Click here.
October 19, 2015, to November 29, 2015 - SOLD OUT
(20 participant maximum per session)
This discussion-based, facilitated online course focuses on developing personal leadership skills. Derived from the CMA’s PMI leadership development program, the course is designed to help participants gain valuable insights into the personal attributes essential for effective leadership.
The course promotes greater self-awareness by teaching the skills associated with examining your own values and principles, thinking patterns, assumptions and emotional skills, and addressing strengths and limitations.
By course end, the learner will be able to:
- recognize the critical importance of personal mastery as a foundation for effective physician leadership
- achieve a more complete view of self as a leader with respect to personal values and principles, personality style, emotional intelligence and strengths
- develop strategies to leverage strengths and manage your limitations
- establish a professional development action plan that includes setting personal leadership goals
Participants will move as a cohort through the course, completing one module per week, but can choose when to be online according to their personal schedules.
- Accessible via desktop or tablets
- Facilitation, guidance and feedback
- Cohort structure, featuring interaction with peers from across the country via discussion forums and webinars
- Three online assessments
- Insights Discovery® personal profile
- Bar-On EQ-i emotional intelligence self-assessment
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 inventory
- Accreditation by the RCPSC (MOC section 1) up to a maximum of 22 credits
- Accreditation by the CFPC (Mainpro-M1) up to a maximum of 22 credits
- A foundation for the open-enrolment PMI physician leadership face-to-face courses
The course consists of six online modules and lasts six weeks. Each week’s module will require four to five hours of study.
Practising physicians: $1687.50 + tax
Paul Mohapel, PhD
Participants need to be a CMA member to access the course through the CMA’s learning management system (LMS).
The CMA reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the course or change facilitator when necessary. The full registration fee will be refunded in the event of a course cancellation.